It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next
Prometheus 

2D or 3D? Think I'm going to opt for 2D.

Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 am

I wish there was a way to turn 3D off if its not working. I think 3D could work nicely for this, like right at the back of an imax, but it could potentially be shit too. I might buy a ticket for both and as long as they're playing at the same time i can just go to the other screen :D

Mon May 07, 2012 10:56 am

Gaendaal wrote:
GumbroskiDrawsMud! wrote:
If this is about the origins of the the Aliens in the other films.....

I don't think it is, though...

I think it will allude to the beginnings of what Ash and the company was trying achieve in the first film, and that Prometheus is first contact with the xenomorph's, but that's just my two cents.

Fox confirmed today that it will rated R for “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.”

:twisted:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyWitch1968

Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Does anyone really think it's going to be more than a rubbish CGI-fest with a few 'lore' bits thrown in so fans of the series can go 'Oh look, a Space Jockey!', etc.?

Bong - "...why punk was invented." - http://www.myspace.com/landbong
The Horn Sounding Far Away - Drone bootlegs - http://thehornsoundingfaraway.blogspot.com/

Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

I certainly think it will be more than that yes, but I am also fully prepared for that too of course!

Apparently Scott has used as many practical effects and huge sets as possible, which seems pretty clea from the 3 minutes or so of footage released so far. I'm all for CGI when use correctly and from what I have seen of this so far it looks infinitely better than those awful looking star wars prequels and LOTR movies. I think even if this film is shite, it won't be because of the visuals.

I'll be watching in 3D btw, it's Ridley ffs! Gonna be awesome.

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Mon May 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Evan CrackDust wrote:
I think even if this film is shite, it won't be because of the visuals.

The problem I'm envisaging is that is will just be a bunch of good visuals, nothing else.

Bong - "...why punk was invented." - http://www.myspace.com/landbong
The Horn Sounding Far Away - Drone bootlegs - http://thehornsoundingfaraway.blogspot.com/

Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

certainly possible...story seems like it could be shaping up to be a nice bit of lovecraftian cosmic terror though too....although I'm not overly struck by some of the rather obvious dialogue in the trailers

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm

I think it will be decent, just feels that way. Trailers usually have a knack of making things look shite!

http://arrrrrrrach.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arrrrrrra ... 6603822945

http://arrrrrrrach.tumblr.com/

Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

(A)SenileAnimal wrote:
brief language.

Not sure whether this or 'mild peril' is top of my 'Halfwit's Guide to Film Classification'.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

CONFIRMED! Prediters ARE in PROMETHEUS!

Bill Ward is in it too!

This reminds me of the Voight-Kampf test:

Youtube Video:

Youtube Video:

Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next