It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574 ... 718  Next
Gaming thread 

yeah I sat there like a right plum smashing Zeus with a blood covered screen haha

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

Played around with a PS Vita today in Best Buy- That thing is really impressive! Doubt I would buy one, but the graphics were amazing!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
BlackUroborus wrote:
I'm really itching to put Radiant Historia in soon...maybe later tonight. What is it like?

It's a lot of fun, as long as you like traditional jrpg games. The dual storyline concept is really well thought out and executed. I've put 15 hours in so far, and then got sidetracked by some books.

^^^That was March 5 last year.

Apparently my getting sidetracked ending up lasting an entire year. Though, to be fair, I did have a kid in that time. Finally remembered to go back and finish this up a couple weeks ago. I beat it with 236/236 nodes unlocked last night. Took a few minutes past 35 hours. Really enjoyed it, and it ended incredibly well. Only real complaint is, with a couple of optional boss fights excepted, it's a bit on the easy side.

EDIT: Now I need to figure out what to play next. Have a bunch of stuff for the DS waiting, and the portable aspect makes it much easier to sneak in a bit of gaming in my free moments.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I just lost in the second round of a triple Dark Ascension draft where game 3 my opponent goes turn three Drogskol Captain, turn four another Drogskol Captain....

I was playing red/black humans and had pretty much no outs. Sucks cause I really liked my deck. I had 3 skirdag flayers, 2 blood feuds, a fires of undeath, an avacyn's collar and an alpha brawl that I never even got to cast plus a bunch of human dorks...bah

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
EDIT: Now I need to figure out what to play next. Have a bunch of stuff for the DS waiting, and the portable aspect makes it much easier to sneak in a bit of gaming in my free moments.

Ghost Trick was one of my favorite games last year for the DS. I highly recommend it:

Youtube Video:

It plays out in chapters which is perfect for pickup and play.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 am
Profile WWW

form of...an albatross!!! wrote:
I just lost in the second round of a triple Dark Ascension draft where game 3 my opponent goes turn three Drogskol Captain, turn four another Drogskol Captain....

I was playing red/black humans and had pretty much no outs. Sucks cause I really liked my deck. I had 3 skirdag flayers, 2 blood feuds, a fires of undeath, an avacyn's collar and an alpha brawl that I never even got to cast plus a bunch of human dorks...bah

I've never played/seen Dark Ascension - all the guys I play with have Core 2012 or older decks.

BTW, any of you guys happen to have some un-needed blue/black cards from the Mirrodin block (preferably with infect)? It really sucks that I have no one to trade with.

exhalus - not unlike music

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

necroticist wrote:

I've never played/seen Dark Ascension - all the guys I play with have Core 2012 or older decks.

BTW, any of you guys happen to have some un-needed blue/black cards from the Mirrodin block (preferably with infect)? It really sucks that I have no one to trade with.

Innistrad/Dark Ascension is actually really fun! It's gothic horror themed so zombies, werewolves, ghosts, vampires and of course humans make up most of the creatures. They brought back the flashback mechanic which is just awesome.

I've actually got a TON of extra blue/black infect cards from mirrodin..the only problem being they aren't physical cards. I play 90% of my magic on magic online so they're almost all left over from Mirrodin block drafts. I can totally relate about not having anyone to trade with. Not having physical friends into magic was the reason I started playing online in the first place. A lot of comic/hobby shops that sell magic cards usually have bulk commons and uncommons you can look through and purchase quite cheaply. Also there are a number of places online to buy cards. Shipping isn't too bad either as they're usually just sent in a standard envelope.

blue/black infect huh? you GOTTA play 4 x blighted agent!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm

The Dead Texan wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:

Ghost Trick was one of my favorite games last year for the DS. I highly recommend it:

It plays out in chapters which is perfect for pickup and play.

Cool, I'll definitely check it out. Playing Etrian Odyssey III right now, but I'll play it next.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 am

Anyone playing SW:TOR, or am I the only MMORPG addict? :P

Bong - "...why punk was invented." - http://www.myspace.com/landbong
The Horn Sounding Far Away - Drone bootlegs - http://thehornsoundingfaraway.blogspot.com/

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 am
Profile WWW

form of...an albatross!!! wrote:
blue/black infect huh? you GOTTA play 4 x blighted agent!

I would! But I only have 3 of them. Still, the nasty thing is that they're very vulnerable to cheap red spells like Shock; between those and some Pacifies, it's hard to spread the phyrexian love... And since I'm sorely lacking in Unsommon-type spells, I've been going the suicidal route of killing my own pacified creatures and then trying to get them back with Morbid Plunder and Corpse Curs.

Thundarr wrote:
Anyone playing SW:TOR, or am I the only MMORPG addict? :P

I've played it for about two months, and then got kinda bored; there's less grinding than in other MMOs, but still too much for my liking. I might pick it up again later, though.

exhalus - not unlike music

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574 ... 718  Next