It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 1873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 188  Next
Metal Patches 

here's mine so far.
just noticed i got the same Voivod patch in exactly the same place as Brad 8-)

The UT patch was a real bitch to sew on, had to fold it over for all the rough edges.
looks a bit messy,

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:02 am
Profile WWW

looking killer man! I always leave those cloth patches at the edges and they fray to fuck...looks crusty though..just ordered my silver pentagram, original vitus, purple obsessed, penance, ironman and earthride patches from doom metal patches on myspace so soon will have a total doom battle jacket!

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:56 am

lilly666 wrote:
The UT patch was a real bitch to sew on, had to fold it over for all the rough edges.
looks a bit messy,

Not supposed to be all neat and fancy though! Looks good though you're right (I think it was you anyway?), the Witchcraft patch is huge and I'd imagine somewhat awkward.

lilly666 wrote:
just noticed i got the same Voivod patch in exactly the same place as Brad

I've got that Sodom patch in the same place you have it. :lol:

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 am
Profile WWW

I've just put an order into doom metal patches again for the Dream death and cathedral patch.
and he said he had a left over Electric wizard patch which he very kindly sold me because i don't want to use the one from my record.
i got a few patches from the mad patcher, but i'm not sure i'm going to use them,
got a bulldozer and acid patch which i probably will use as i haven't seen them anywhere else.
but i got a celtic frost, sarcofago and a sepultura bestial devastation and they are pretty ropey

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:05 am
Profile WWW

lilly666 wrote:
i got a few patches from the mad patcher, but i'm not sure i'm going to use them, got a bulldozer and acid patch which i probably will use as i haven't seen them anywhere else. but i got a celtic frost, sarcofago and a sepultura bestial devastation and they are pretty ropey

They look like they have been photocopied! I placed an order for some patches from the Mad Patcher (Acid, Motorhead, Manowar, Angel Witch etc) and when they came I was a little underwelmed by the quality - very thin and flimsy. Saying that he does have a huge selection so you pays yer money and takes yer chance.

I'm putting together 2 cut-offs at the moment, one a NWOBHM themed jacket using only original patches from 1978-84 (just scored a mega rare A II Z patch!) and the other a doom jacket with a strong Celtic Frost/Vitus bias.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:15 am
Profile WWW

I've got a bag full of patches I need to get on and sew, need some new ones though. Anyone want to share links to decent patch sellers on eBay? I've ordered from Mad Patcher a couple of times, definitely hit and miss but relatively cheap for a decent-ish range.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:18 am
Profile WWW

you live and learn.
i'd been warned on here they were poor quality,
but i guess i had to see for myself.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:19 am
Profile WWW

I haven't ordered from Madpatcher but I will, eventhough I am fully aware of the quality. It's the only way to get certain bands on your jacket because there simply don't exist patches of them yet.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:03 pm
Profile WWW

some nice jackets/patches ...
heres mine at the moment more patches to be added soon:

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:20 pm

i have that vitus patch, i also have a similar camo jacket but mine has a dopethrone patch on it 8-)

camo is great

http://www.facebook.com/Blackmagiciandoom

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 188  Next