It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 129  Next
Unearthing old school DEATH METAL 

Been death tripping again so bad I need to do this... the last time I got this crazy was after reading that Swedish Death Metal book.

So, to begin with: this thread is dedicated to old school Death Metal, preferably of the more obscure type, like all those Scandinavian, US and beyond bands that time forgot... but will also serve as an altar of worship for all deathly cults! Props to DOOMLORD for posting everything about excellent bands such as NECROSANCT to fresh exhumed discoveries like MORGUE (US) that I hadn't even heard before! Great stuff...

I'm soon getting the MEGASLAUGHTER (Swe) CD with the full-length + demos along with the first CARBONIZED CD etc... more, more and more!

Also, are there any (old) bands in the Doom/Death vein of diSEMBOWELMENT and WINTER that I might have missed and should seek? NO funeral doom but strictly riff-driven crushing heaviness...

Here's also a small list of items I sorely need:

CENOTAPH (Mex) - The Gloomy Reflection of Our Hidden Sorrows
CIANIDE - The Dying Truth
DARKIFIED - A Dance On the Grave
DELIRIUM - Zzooouhh
FURBOWL - Those Shredded Dreams, The Autumn Years
UNCANNY - Splenium For Nyktophobia
...oh yeah, and MORGUE's Eroded Thoughts too!!! 8-)

Willing to buy of corpse but I really can't pay THAT enormous sums of $ for them... that's what eBay's for, eh?

That's all for now... start digging!

Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Offensor wrote:
Been death tripping again so bad I need to do this... the last time I got this crazy was after reading that Swedish Death Metal book.

So, to begin with: this thread is dedicated to old school Death Metal, preferably of the more obscure type, like all those Scandinavian, US and beyond bands that time forgot... but will also serve as an altar of worship for all deathly cults! Props to DOOMLORD for posting everything about excellent bands such as NECROSANCT to fresh exhumed discoveries like MORGUE (US) that I hadn't even heard before! Great stuff...

I'm soon getting the MEGASLAUGHTER (Swe) CD with the full-length + demos along with the first CARBONIZED CD etc... more, more and more!

Also, are there any (old) bands in the Doom/Death vein of diSEMBOWELMENT and WINTER that I might have missed and should seek? NO funeral doom but strictly riff-driven crushing heaviness...

Here's also a small list of items I sorely need:

CENOTAPH (Mex) - The Gloomy Reflection of Our Hidden Sorrows
CIANIDE - The Dying Truth
DARKIFIED - A Dance On the Grave
DELIRIUM - Zzooouhh
FURBOWL - Those Shredded Dreams, The Autumn Years
UNCANNY - Splenium For Nyktophobia
...oh yeah, and MORGUE's Eroded Thoughts too!!! 8-)

Willing to buy of corpse but I really can't pay THAT enormous sums of $ for them... that's what eBay's for, eh?

That's all for now... start digging!
those are some good ones, especially DELIRIUM, I have that one on wax, but there's a cd version too. GOREMENT, HOUSE OF USHER, URANIUM 235, OBSCURITY, NIRVANA 2002 are some others that rule
check out CEREMONIUM for death/doom hybrid

*SABBAT(JAP), DARKTHRONE, WARLORD, NIFELHEIM, TORR, KAT, ROOT, ACID,TREBLINKA, ORDER FROM CHAOS, CARNIVORE, MORBID ANGEL, GRAND BELIAL'S KEY, HEMLOCK, ANUBI, ANWYL, COUNTESS, BEHERIT, ARGHOSLENT, BARATHRUM,ARIA, DRAKAR,NECROMANTIA, VARATHRON, SARCOFAGO, (old) DEATH SS, PAUL CHAIN, BLACK HOLE,VENOM,BELPHEGOR, CONQUEROR, REVENGE, AXIS OF ADVANCE, BLASPHEMY, BLODULV, CAULDRON BLACK RAM, CIANIDE, SCEPTER,VILLAINS, CULT OF DAATH, DAI, DEATH YELL,DECAYED, D.O.G., DESASTER, DESTROYER 666, DESTRUCTOR, KORROZIA METALLA,FINGERNAILS, BULLDOZER, GOATLORD,PROFANATICA, IMPERATOR, BLACK TASK,MERCYFUL FATE, MESSIAH, ZEMIAL, RAZOR, PAGAN RITES, TURBO,UNCREATION'S DAWN, UNPURE,XIBALBA, TORMENTOR, MASTER'S HAMMER, VULCANO, RIOT, MOLESTED, KAAMOS, GOTHAM CITY, MERCY, FANTOM, S.O.L., SCHIZO, BLACK SHEPHERD, BATHORY, PROTECTOR, FUNERAL NATION, SILVER MOUNTAIN, HEAVY LOAD, SAMAEL, MAYHEMIC TRUTH, ROTTING CHRIST, ANVIL,MORBID SCREAM,WITCHKILLER, SAVATAGE, SADISTIC INTENT, REPUGNANT, EXPULSER, MAGNUS

Last edited by IronBloodBlasphemy on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:04 pm

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
those are some good ones, especially DELIRIUM, I have that one on wax, but there's a cd version too. GOREMENT, HOUSE OF USHER, URANIUM 235, OBSCURITY, NIRVANA 2002 are some others that rule

Yes, OBSCURITY are fuckin' sick. So unique... I have the CD with the demos and it rules (with exception of those two newer tracks which are horrible and NOT in a good way!).

Weren't Threeman Recordings supposed to release NIRVANA 2002 demos on CD? Someone should kick their asses!!

The little I've heard of GOREMENT I was surprised how distinctively Finnish they sounded despite being from Sweden. :)

I've only heard HOUSE OF USHER on Projections of a Stained Mind and it was not that spectacular if I remember right. Worth further investigating though! URANIUM 235 is a totally new name for me.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Location: remember only death is real /...are you morbid ? - HELLHAMMER & CELTIC FROST 1983/1991
DEATHEVOKATION
http://www.myspace.com/deathevokation

MANDATORY
http://www.myspace.com/mandatory1989

DEATHRONATION
http://www.deathronation.de/

GOREMENT
http://www.myspace.com/gorement

ETERNAL DARKNESS
http://www.myspace.com/gorement

PENTAGRAM, THE VITUS, WARNING, SABBAT, PRIMORDIAL, THERGOTHON, diSEMBOWELMENT, WINTER, EVOKEN, HIEROPHANT, BURNING WITCH, THORR'S HAMMER, GOATLORD, NECROVORE, NECROS CHRISTOS, NECRO SCHIZMA, APOKALYPTIC RAIDS, PAGAN RITES, VICTIMIZER, DEATHHAMMER, HELLHAMMER, CELTIC FROST, TANGORODRIM, MEPHISTO, BATHORY, ABRUPTUM, UNDOR, ROOT, TREBLINKA, BEHERIT, SARCOFAGO, NIFELHEIM, GOATVOMIT666, DEATHSKULL, ATOMICIDE, ARCHGOAT, MARTIRE, VOMITOR, BESTIAL WARLUST, VON, SLAUGHTBBATH, SADOMATOR, GOATSEMEN, BLACK WITCHERY, BLASPHEMY, MARTYRVORE, TEITANBLOOD, PROCLAMATION, BESTIAL RAIDS, BLASPHEMOPHAGHER, DEIPHAGO, BLASPHEMY RITES, SATANIC FUNERAL, UNHOLY CRUCIFIX, FUNERARY PIT, MORTUARY DRAPE, MYSTIFIER, PROFANATICA, SATANIC WARMASTER, CLANDESTINE BLAZE, GOATMOON, MEGIDDO, MOONBLOOD, DESASTRIOUS, HELVINTR, ISENGARD, (old) DARKTHRONE, KAPIEN, JUDAS ISCARIOT, ABHORRE, VLAD TEPES, BRENORITVREZORKRE, MUTIILATION, SATANICUM TENEBRAE, VERMYAPRE KOMMANDO, HIVER NOIR , KATHARSIS ect...

Last edited by DOOMLORD on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Offensor wrote:

Yes, OBSCURITY are fuckin' sick. So unique... I have the CD with the demos and it rules (with exception of those two newer tracks which are horrible and NOT in a good way!).

Weren't Threeman Recordings supposed to release NIRVANA 2002 demos on CD? Someone should kick their asses!!

The little I've heard of GOREMENT I was surprised how distinctively Finnish they sounded despite being from Sweden. :)

I've only heard HOUSE OF USHER on Projections of a Stained Mind and it was not that spectacular if I remember right. Worth further investigating though! URANIUM 235 is a totally new name for me.
nevermind on URANIUM 235, that's a black metal band, I'm confusing them w/something else. But def. check out CEREMONIUM

*SABBAT(JAP), DARKTHRONE, WARLORD, NIFELHEIM, TORR, KAT, ROOT, ACID,TREBLINKA, ORDER FROM CHAOS, CARNIVORE, MORBID ANGEL, GRAND BELIAL'S KEY, HEMLOCK, ANUBI, ANWYL, COUNTESS, BEHERIT, ARGHOSLENT, BARATHRUM,ARIA, DRAKAR,NECROMANTIA, VARATHRON, SARCOFAGO, (old) DEATH SS, PAUL CHAIN, BLACK HOLE,VENOM,BELPHEGOR, CONQUEROR, REVENGE, AXIS OF ADVANCE, BLASPHEMY, BLODULV, CAULDRON BLACK RAM, CIANIDE, SCEPTER,VILLAINS, CULT OF DAATH, DAI, DEATH YELL,DECAYED, D.O.G., DESASTER, DESTROYER 666, DESTRUCTOR, KORROZIA METALLA,FINGERNAILS, BULLDOZER, GOATLORD,PROFANATICA, IMPERATOR, BLACK TASK,MERCYFUL FATE, MESSIAH, ZEMIAL, RAZOR, PAGAN RITES, TURBO,UNCREATION'S DAWN, UNPURE,XIBALBA, TORMENTOR, MASTER'S HAMMER, VULCANO, RIOT, MOLESTED, KAAMOS, GOTHAM CITY, MERCY, FANTOM, S.O.L., SCHIZO, BLACK SHEPHERD, BATHORY, PROTECTOR, FUNERAL NATION, SILVER MOUNTAIN, HEAVY LOAD, SAMAEL, MAYHEMIC TRUTH, ROTTING CHRIST, ANVIL,MORBID SCREAM,WITCHKILLER, SAVATAGE, SADISTIC INTENT, REPUGNANT, EXPULSER, MAGNUS

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Heard DEATHEVOKATION the other week, so damn good - and the vocalist is really standing out! Give me The Chalice of Ages, NOW!! I'll check those others later...

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:14 pm

nevermind on URANIUM 235, that's a black metal band, I'm confusing them w/something else. But def. check out CEREMONIUM

Heheh, roger that!

ETERNAL DARKNESS is OK but I found their material a tad repetitive... good for a few songs. My choice for doomy Swedish DM is CRYPT OF KERBEROS.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Offensor wrote:

Heheh, roger that!

ETERNAL DARKNESS is OK but I found their material a tad repetitive... good for a few songs. My choice for doomy Swedish DM is CRYPT OF KERBEROS.

I'm guessing you didn't hear the later COK with all the Steve Vai guitar wank and clean vocals then.

I'll take Eternal Darkness thanks. or LORD OF PUTREFACTION.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

Location: remember only death is real /...are you morbid ? - HELLHAMMER & CELTIC FROST 1983/1991
CREMATORY
http://www.myspace.com/crematoryswe

ROTTREVORE
http://www.myspace.com/rottrevorefanpage

DERKETA
http://www.myspace.com/derketa

MYTHIC
http://www.myspace.com/mythicmetal

PENTAGRAM, THE VITUS, WARNING, SABBAT, PRIMORDIAL, THERGOTHON, diSEMBOWELMENT, WINTER, EVOKEN, HIEROPHANT, BURNING WITCH, THORR'S HAMMER, GOATLORD, NECROVORE, NECROS CHRISTOS, NECRO SCHIZMA, APOKALYPTIC RAIDS, PAGAN RITES, VICTIMIZER, DEATHHAMMER, HELLHAMMER, CELTIC FROST, TANGORODRIM, MEPHISTO, BATHORY, ABRUPTUM, UNDOR, ROOT, TREBLINKA, BEHERIT, SARCOFAGO, NIFELHEIM, GOATVOMIT666, DEATHSKULL, ATOMICIDE, ARCHGOAT, MARTIRE, VOMITOR, BESTIAL WARLUST, VON, SLAUGHTBBATH, SADOMATOR, GOATSEMEN, BLACK WITCHERY, BLASPHEMY, MARTYRVORE, TEITANBLOOD, PROCLAMATION, BESTIAL RAIDS, BLASPHEMOPHAGHER, DEIPHAGO, BLASPHEMY RITES, SATANIC FUNERAL, UNHOLY CRUCIFIX, FUNERARY PIT, MORTUARY DRAPE, MYSTIFIER, PROFANATICA, SATANIC WARMASTER, CLANDESTINE BLAZE, GOATMOON, MEGIDDO, MOONBLOOD, DESASTRIOUS, HELVINTR, ISENGARD, (old) DARKTHRONE, KAPIEN, JUDAS ISCARIOT, ABHORRE, VLAD TEPES, BRENORITVREZORKRE, MUTIILATION, SATANICUM TENEBRAE, VERMYAPRE KOMMANDO, HIVER NOIR , KATHARSIS ect...

Last edited by DOOMLORD on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:32 pm

DEATHRUNE should be up your street I reckon, and MAIMED (the Californian one from about 1991) for sheer Autopsy worship

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 129  Next