It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
True Detective 

Anyone else watching this? Really enjoying it so far, like Justified if it went fun gnarl.

Also, Alexandra Daddario :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyWitch1968

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:24 pm

It's superb so far, I've posted about it twice here. This part was certainly an eye opener but the show is so unique and atmospheric, great bit of southern gothic.

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Soundtrack is great too. Kingdom of Heaven by the Elevators played over the final scene last night and it proper gave me the spooks!

https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyWitch1968

Last edited by (A)SenileAnimal on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Absolutely loving it so far. The cinematography is as gorgeous as anything else about the show. I love McConaughey's character. HBO really knows how to pick 'em.

And yes. Alexandra. Phwooarr.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 pm

what?

Just watch it.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 am

really, really good show.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:09 pm

I eagerly await this on monday nights, after only 2 eps!

Hail The Crushing Onslaught of DOOM AND THE DOOM-ISH: BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS, THE OBSESSED, TROUBLE, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, PENTAGRAM, COUNT RAVEN, CATHEDRAL, CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS, IRONMAN, REVELATION, BLOOD FARMERS, SOLOMON KANE, AGAINST NATURE, UNORTHODOX, THE RIVER, SCALD, SOLSTICE, WARNING, PAGAN ALTAR, REVEREND BIZARRE, ORODRUIN, PLACE OF SKULLS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, DREAM DEATH, PENANCE, THE GATES OF SLUMBER, EARTHRIDE, WITCHCRAFT, TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE, MELVINS, BURNING WITCH, GOATSNAKE, SUNNO))), THORRS HAMMER, EVOKEN, CELTIC FROST, WINTER, MANILLA ROAD, PANTERA, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OM, EARTH, WEEDEATER, SOURVEIN, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO, STRESSBALL, TUNGSTEN, THE MYSTIC KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, DOWN, BONGZILLA, HIGH ON FIRE, CHURCH OF MISERY, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, BATHORY, ELECTRIC WIZARD, SONS OF OTIS, KYUSS, KARMA TO BURN, SCISSORFIGHT, ABSU, ACID KING, NEUROSIS, AMEBIX and PILLS, POT AND PISS DRINKING.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Distal Sonority wrote:
Absolutely loving it so far. The cinematography is as gorgeous as anything else about the show. I love McConaughey's character. HBO really knows how to pick 'em.

And yes. Alexandra. Phwooarr.

I watched the making of: filmed in 35mm film, the photos of death scenes created using film/predigital etc etc
I like how it isn't CSI mode , just raw down to earth police work with everything in between ie the charecater studies
satisfies the BB and WAlking DEad withdrawal

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:59 am

It's fantastic. Shame its only going to be 8 parts.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 am

less is more, as they they.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next