It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 3:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:07 pm 

..Whilst secretly (or not so secretly) lusting over some of the releases...

I won't struggle to get the two Killing Joke releases, even if I leave it to another day..which I "need" to ensure I have EVERYTHING..but there are some other items I would buy..the Metallica demo tape is a cool idea..but £15.. :evil:

I'd like the Clutch release..and the Banshees Join Hands, cos that at least has something different, in that there is a different track..and artwork.

My lad is after the Frank soundtrack..with Frank Sidebottom mask 8-) ..he did want the Goblin 7" but its over £17..
quite interested in the Sleaford Mods 12"..Mastodon..Swans...Iggy....Stooges....but some of the prices..The White Stripes double album of "Satan" is over £40!! thankfully I don't want it...

even my local store is moaning because the costs to them are a rip off too, the owner was saying that the White Stripes release is almost £35 to her

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:35 pm 

I hear you brother :)

I could barely even be bothered to look at what was on offer for this year. And this whole RSD mentality of frenzied ownership seems to be infecting all of vinyl. Norman Records last week were selling a new LP by Jon Brooks. His last album came in a pressing of 500 copies and sold out in less than a day. So how many copies of this new album had they decided to press? 300 copies. Needless to say it also sold out in 24 hours, when they could clearly have pressed 3x the amount and cleared the lot. It's madness - every day is RSD for some vinyl, it would seem.

The best thing about being my age is not that I grew up with vinyl per se but that I grew up with vinyl just being taken for granted - rather than the overpriced, overhyped fetish object for hipsters that it's becoming now...

unlifgendum æfter selest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:47 pm 

I think there are only 300 copies of the Electric Wizard release

I saw the Norman records Facebook post today with the link to the items they've ordered...and the prices..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:57 pm 

I'll say. Are there really people who want to pay £44 for a Placebo LP? £56 for a Steve Reich LP? £13 for yet another 7" of Love Will Tear Us Apart? Just because it's RSD? It's a tax on idiots, half of this stuff.

unlifgendum æfter selest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:13 pm 

I've got half an eye on a few things, but really can't be arsed for the day itself anymore.
Some things might be knocking around the following weekend, when shops get to make their remaining stock generally available.
RSD was a noble idea to begin with, but the bigger labels and artists and eBay flippers have pretty much ruined it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 pm 

Fuck it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm 

Haven't bothered with it for a few years. Nothing ever takes my fancy, and it's all to expensive. I like how Warner Bros. tend to tell people that their releases are limited to 5,000 copies. How many records actually sell more than 5,000 copies?

Noticed that Norman Records have the Foo Fighters 10" for £8.59, which is pleasantly priced. Just a shame Foo Fighters have about one good song per album. God knows how awful their songs that weren't good enough for the albums, sound.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:43 pm 

New Henry Blacker LP comes out on that day, not an RSD release, all I'm interested in.

Place I go to just does a flat 20% off everything sale, I think he stopped bothering stocking any RSD releases. People still come out, it's nice to see.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 pm 

Malicious Steve wrote:

:lol: serious?! there's an electric wizard RSD release??? all the bitchin they did about rise above and they sign up for RSD? :roll:

CTP wrote:
Fucking Sleep sounds like Hootie and the blowfish and Burzum sounds like Katy perry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:07 am 

DOOMSMOKER wrote:
Malicious Steve wrote:

:lol: serious?! there's an electric wizard RSD release??? all the bitchin they did about rise above and they sign up for RSD? :roll:

yep..USA release

http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8093

"Electric Wizard
Time To Die

DETAILS
Format: 2 x 12" Vinyl
Label: SPINEFARM
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Special numbered, silver vinyl double LP edition"