It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78  Next
What's that? What's it do? A thread for the less informed 

like me! I dunno if we have a thread set up like this, but basically I made this thread for people (like myself) who have questions about specific gear and who are less knowledgeable about that kinda stuff than others.

So my first question is,

can anybody tell me what guitar Mark Arm would use during Mudhoney's early days? Sorta looks like a Fender strat, but it has a zillion switches on it. A price range would be swell too!

doomflares wrote:
it's another thing entirely seeing TONY being constantly called Toni and Tommy by "fans"..

fuck off mate

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:52 am

pics?

DOOMSMOKER sez: lick your own balls and let the homeless fella go play with the spiders

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:20 am
Profile WWW

I'm too lazy to pull out my Superfuzz Bigmuff lp but I think Mark played a Hagstrom III. I'm not up to date on the going prices but there's one for sale on ebay right now for $500. Not bad for a 40+ year old guitar with a good name like Hagstrom.

- Geoff Evans of Asunder

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 am

It was indeed a Hagstrom....

Great Idea for a thread, this will remain on the sticky side 8-)

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:29 am

ooh sticky eh?

and thanks for info guys

doomflares wrote:
it's another thing entirely seeing TONY being constantly called Toni and Tommy by "fans"..

fuck off mate

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:07 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hagstrom-III-Electr ... .m20.l1116

Found one, $759, free shipping.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 am

Probably a really stupid question, but I'm only just getting into tube amps and cabs etc after years of playing low-watt practise amps, now that the band is starting to kick off. So my question is (don't laugh!)...

How do they all (tube heads, cabs, slave unit's etc) work? I know you need a cab powered by a head and all that, but what else? Where does the slave unit come in?

Any info would be appreciated, cheers! :lol:

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 am

Kief wrote:
Probably a really stupid question, but I'm only just getting into tube amps and cabs etc after years of playing low-watt practise amps, now that the band is starting to kick off. So my question is (don't laugh!)...

How do they all (tube heads, cabs, slave unit's etc) work? I know you need a cab powered by a head and all that, but what else? Where does the slave unit come in?

Any info would be appreciated, cheers! :lol:

An amp/head has two sections a pre amp and a power amp. The slave unit is a power amp on it's own which is used to power extra cabs. Most heads can happily power two cabs as long as the Ohmage(resistance) is right, so if you wanted to say have four 2x12 cabs on stage or two 2x12s and a 2x15 you could use a slave to power the extra cab(s) while having to only set the tone on your master head, which would be the head with both pre and power amp sections. that make any sense?

WILD ROCKET

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:41 am
Profile WWW

Ok, I have a 70's SVT that I run through a Peavey cab that has 2x15's and 2x12's in it. I've seen people patch the channels on amps before but I'm not sure how it works, and what it will do tone/volume wise. Can someone explain this to me, please.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:36 pm

moose wrote:
Most heads can happily power two cabs as long as the Ohmage(resistance) is right,

Impedance

Quote:
Ok, I have a 70's SVT that I run through a Peavey cab that has 2x15's and 2x12's in it. I've seen people patch the channels on amps before but I'm not sure how it works, and what it will do tone/volume wise. Can someone explain this to me, please.

When you say patching channels, do you mean on the fornt of the amp where there are multiple inputs and you bridge two? That gives you the option of mixing both inputs, usually a bright and a normal, for more tone options, and a bit more drive someimes. It's a fairly dubious idea to mix up the amp outputs into the same cab. Some cabs are effectively two cabs in one so you can do it (no great advantage unless it is a special amp). Plugging multiple amp outputs into the same circuit can do bad things.

Old tune: http://caricatures.bandcamp.com/

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 776 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78  Next